Since 1948, the Walker family name has become synonymous with quality family dining. The family has since perfected its reputation for outstanding gourmet pancakes and breakfasts. Our story begins when Victor and Everett Walker began opening snack shops in Evanston, IL. In 1960, they opened Walker Bros. Original Pancake House in Wilmette, IL. In 1981, Ray Walker and Richard Walker Sr., sons of Victor, opened Walker Bros. Original Pancake House in Glenview, IL. In 1989, Richard Walker Sr. ventured out on his own and opened Richard Walker’s Pancake House in Schaumburg, IL. In 1996, Richard Sr. opened a second location in Crystal Lake, IL. In 2006, Richard Sr. relocated to San Diego and opened the third location in downtown San Diego, CA. In 2014, Richard Walker Jr. joined the family business and opened the fourth Richard Walker’s Pancake House in La Jolla, CA. In 2019, Richard Jr. opened the fifth Richard Walker’s Pancake House in Carlsbad, CA. Richard Walker’s Pancake House has been, and always will be, a 100% family owned, family funded, and family operated business. Period.