Broadway United Methodist Church seeks to be "Ever seeking, serving and growing as the family of God with unconditional love and acceptance!"
Located in the heart of the city, we are on the corner of East Broadway and South 1st Street in Council Bluffs.
Broadway UMC traces its roots to 1850, when the first sermon by a Methodist pastor was preached by William Simpson.
The location was donated by Henry DeLong after his conversion. Mr. DeLong bought the property on the corner after the Ocean Wave Saloon was destroyed by a fire, and gave it to the congregation that had been worshiping in another site.
Today Broadway UMC seeks to live out the vision of Mr. DeLong and be a church in the heart of Council Bluffs, with a heart for Council Bluffs!