How to Improve Your Email Marketing Strategy With Automation
Marketers stand to benefit hugely from automating aspects of their email marketing strategy. Let’s dive into what email marketing automation is and how it can help your business.
We’re all well aware of the drudgery of routine tasks such as checking weekly reports or replying to the same emails over and over again. These tasks don’t require deep work and tend to eat up time that could be spent on something meaningful.
The same holds for emails. Manually sending emails of the exact nature over and over again becomes counterproductive. Therefore setting up automated flows can relieve you of the repetition.
Why automate your email marketing efforts?
To improve your email marketing efforts, you have to automate. Automation is great because it is a huge time saver. As well, it is a great way to get all of your emails out there. For example, with automation, you have the option to blast out a big email to everyone who has signed up to your list, or you can also automate your messages so that they are going to go out at a specific time.
Overall benefits of automating your email marketing strategy
There is a lot of email automation software available that can offer you the following benefits:
- It significantly reduces the time it takes to communicate with your clients. It also makes it easier for you to respond to any questions that your clients may have.
- Automated emails usually have a higher conversion rate because they are more personalized.
- Email automation software helps to reduce inbox spam by just sending automated emails.
- Improve your lead generation. You can find good software recommendations here
- You can also save a lot of money by using this software because it eliminates the need for an email marketer.
Now, let’s dig into how automation works in email marketing by looking at email sequences, and how they create room for automation.
What is an email sequence and what can you achieve with it?
A sequence is a series of emails you send one after the other to your leads/customers to accomplish your marketing goals. These goals include:
- Converting free customers to paying ones
- Increasing website traffic
- Getting more leads
- Inviting people to events and webinars
- Improving branding
Imagine automating these sequences. Such a process allows you to swiftly achieve your marketing strategy goals without losing a sweat.
Many email marketing tools like Mailmunch now offer automation in their email sequence builders. Using such tools, you can set up rules and triggers that initiate email sequences, allowing you to execute complete automated campaigns according to your goals.
Role of automation in email sequences
One of the most significant and most evident advantages of email automation lies in shedding manual work, allowing you to focus on deeper cognitive tasks. Automation helps in:
- Designing intervals and frequencies between each email
- Designating templates to be used continuously
- adding/removing bulk contacts from a list/sequence
- Automatically removing contacts based on triggers/conditions
- Sending reminders on important activities
- Welcoming new customers
- Sending emails according to different customers’ timezones
- Adding removing contacts from certain lists by automatically assigning tags
These are some of the useful features of automation in email sequences that can save you a lot of time and also help you efficiently manage your lists.
How to automate your email marketing efforts
Ok, so how do you actually automate your email marketing efforts?
There are certain features inherent to email marketing that you can capitalize to start automating your email marketing. Our main goal is to save time and not to involve ourselves in every tiny detail of the email campaign. To accomplish this, focus on:
Tags can prove to be extremely helpful in filtering data as they allow you to separate contacts and tasks to your convenience, and allows you to put filters to better manage your contacts.
In email marketing, tags have become a quintessential feature of all great campaigns. For example, if you want to reach out to subscribers and invite them to a webinar, tags will allow to mark people who are best suited for such a campaign. You can then filter using relevant tags and send highly targeted emails to leads interested in the webinar.
When you’ve tagged the relevant people. All you have to do before sending your email is select the contacts tagged as, let’s say, ‘webinar leads’, and your ESP will send the email just to them.
Tags make everything easy, and not just for the sequence. You can use these lists for other tasks such as workflow automation.
2. Send emails at the right time
Timing is a crucial aspect of email marketing and automation can help you send the right email at the right time. Then it won’t matter if it’s morning in the U.S and night in Hong Kong, you can automate emails so that all contacts in each time zone receive emails in their respective mornings.
3. Refine the right prospects
Nobody likes a wasted effort. Hence its important that your efforts and ideas are presented to the right people. This is another space where automation can help you. With an automated sequence you can:
- Automatically remove subscribers when they unsubscribe
- Tag and filter contacts who show interest in your offers
- Automatically remove cold subscribers
- Delete incorrect email addresses
- Remove bounced contacts
- End sequences when a person replies, or add them to a new sequence
By automating your emails, you can achieve a higher subscriber engagement rate. This will help your business grow.
Automation can be great with your emails. It will help you get your message to the customers, allowing them to see a better experience. This will also help you to have more subscribers. Anytime you can automatically send messages, it is going to be a lot better. You will also have the peace of mind of knowing that the emails are not being ignored and are being looked at. This is where your subscriber engagement rate will go up and allow your business to grow a ton more!